Friday, February 29, 2008

A fun and relaxing night...

I guess Ron and I were feeling a bit stereotypically gay last night, so we sat around and knitted and watched a Kylie Minogue concert video! LOL... As for the knitting, Ron finished up his first sock and started on number two and I came close to finishing the back piece of the sweater. I'll finish that this weekend and hopefully get a good start on one of the sleeves. As for Kylie, we watched the Live In Sidney video which was from the tour to support her Light Years album.


A note: I feel almost guilty about my newfound love of Kylie because she is not my usual cup of tea musically. I am usually drawn to the underdogs, the alternative music crowd, the dark and dreary. But in learning a bit about her, I respect the fact that she is involved in the creative process (she writes or co-writes most of her stuff), she isn't too cool to have fun with her image and camp it up, and her stuff is just plain catchy as hell. So I have come to terms with the fact that I don't have to give up on my alterna-roots to make room for a little Kylie in my life!


Tonight we'll be heading to some friends house for a visit. We haven't seen them in a few weeks, so it'll be good to catch up. Just have to watch out for Misty's drinks...she's a little heavy handed when it comes to pouring!


LISTENING TO: Meat Beat Manifesto - "Original Fire"


A long time favorite...Jack Dangers is certainly the creative mastermind of the MBM sound which is big, danceable, electronic music. They don't happen to be all that radio friendly though with their music usually having an ominous, nosiy and/or dark quality to it. They are effectively the anti-Kylie...hehehee.

4 comments:

micah said...

Dude! You're still alive!!!! Excelent! Where have you been!?

Mel said...

Kylie & Anti-Kylie, eh? Sounds like a proper balance to me.

Anonymous said...

Kylie is amazing. No need to feel guilty about enjoying her music. I mean, come on, you're gay. You get to love her as much as you love weenie. (I checked, it's in our contract.)

I started listening to Kylie about five years ago, and I've been smitten ever since--she has been around a long time and has a great collection of fun dance tunes.

Dannii Minogue, while generally inferior to her older sister, put out a great CD a few years back, Neon Nights.

Check out this fun track.

Matt....... said...

OMG, your gay?! just kidding, can't wait to see pics of the sweater panel.....