Well, the quilting and patchwork is still something I'm playing with, but I took a step back to knitting to make a present for a co-worker. She didn't really give me any clues as to what she would like so I chose to make her a Penelope monster by Rebecca Danger over at Danger Crafts. Mostly because I've just been wanting to make one for awhile now!
The monster turned out really nice and I didn't go off track too much while making it... Usually when I make something I do something wrong that I end up having to work around or fix in some way. It happened again with this one and was a simple mistake of not following the directions closely. I was supposed to work on placing the eyes BEFORE closing the bottom of the monster. Well I closed the monster up, put on the ears and feet and then said to myself, wait, how am I going to attach the safety eyes if I can't put the backs on them. D'oh! So I just decided to use embroidery thread to add the eyes. I also left off the round patch around one of the eyes because the brown color would have been too close to the black that I used to make the eyes. All in all I think it turned out pretty well. I especially like the bow that I made up out of some of the material I had for quilting.
So now that Penelope is finished and on her way to her recipient, I'm off to work on some more quilty stuff. I hope to have something to show you soon!