Saturday, December 18, 2010

Knitwit!

The other day Ron and I headed out to the grocery store and on the way there I mentioned that I had just been emailed a 50% off coupon for Borders. Borders is right next door and I hadn't been to browse the knitting books in a while. And a 50% off coupon is pretty rare, so I thought I might as well at least take a look. Well, it definitely paid off as I found the new toy book "Knitwit" by Katie Boyette (FYI: the following images are not mine. They are all the property of Katie Boyette and have been used by me to show what can be found in the book).


Katie's designs are great. They run the gamut from traditional creatures such as a bird (albeit a make-believe one)...



...a lobster, an elephant, owls...



....and a ninja...


 ...to totally original creatures like a vampiric panda...


...a cyclops dressed in a bunny suit... 


 ...and numerous monsters including a rather forlorn-looking yeti...



As you can see she makes a lot of the creature's faces using felt that is cut out and then stitched on giving them a lot of expression. I can't wait to get started on one of these guys, but can't decide which one to pick. Stay tuned to find out which one it'll be!

No comments: