Monday, December 14, 2009

New Knitting Bag!

A week or so ago, Ron and I were at a local discount/salvage store called Ocean State Job Lots (it's similar to Mardens, Ollies and other such stores...). While we were there Ron noticed that they had a knitting bag. Well, not technically a knitting bag, but a "General Tote" that would work really well as a knitting bag. I checked it over and it looked pretty nice, not to mention the price was right at $10. So I snagged it and I'm really glad I did. It has so many pockets, inside and out, that I'm still finding them! I like that I am able to fit everything that I need in it. While it would make a nice take-along crafting bag, I imagine that I'll use it mostly at home, to contain all the yarn, needles, rulers, etc, that are usually floating all over the coffee table. Here's a pic of what it looks like.



I was going to take some pictures of it, but took the lazy route and looked online instead. I found the one above. The actual bag is identical to the one I have, though the box in this picture is labeled as a Quilter's Tote. Now that I have mine, I was thinking it would be nice to get one for my Mom who has gotten involved in sock knitting recently, but has been knitting in general for a long time. However, it seems like they aren't making these bags anymore. Damn. If I get back to the store and they still have any, I'll be sure to get one more.


LISTENING TO:  Elizabeth Fraser - "Moses"



I was very excited to find this single on iTunes a couple of days ago. It has been such a long time since Cocteau Twins called it quits and despite some guest vocals here and there, Liz Fraser has been pretty quiet. Which is a shame as she has one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard. So it was a real treat to find out she's still making music. Could this mean a solo album could be in the works? I've got my fingers crossed!! Hit the Play button above to take a listen...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a similar bag that I got super cheap as well. It is my favorite bag EVER! It is just perfect for needle crafts!

Ken said...

Yeah, I've seen a lot of bags that have been way more expensive, but this one is really nice, sturdy, and holds everything I need. Couldn't ask for more than that!