Friday, May 9, 2008

The Sweater...It's Done!!!

As I type, we're in the process of packing for a trip to PA (we leave tomorrow morning for a visit to my Mom and Dad), so I'll keep this one short. But I couldn't help but take a moment to let you know that, at long last, the sweater I was making for Ron is done! I've posted some pics below (of Ron modeling, nonetheless) so you could see how it turned out. See you when we get back on Thursday!


This a close up of how the sweater fits together...see how the sleeves carry up over the shoulders and even onto the front and back? Pretty cool, huh?

3 comments:

Dave said...

Very nice -- great colour and fit! The sleeves are really cool, almost like a raglan on steroids. What pattern is that?

Alterknit Universe said...

The pattern is the Speed Racer from Son of Stitch n Bitch. It was a pretty easy to follow pattern though there was a mistake right at the end. They reversed the directions for the front and back of the sleeves on the second sleeve. But if anyone's interested I can go into more detail about how to correct that. And thanks for the comments!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Fader:

You have done a wonderful job with this sweater...I love it!
Hope your visit with mom and dad is great, hope to hear from you soon.
Luv and miss ya tons and tons!!!

~Roofie